China Southern Airlines Company Ltd. is a major Chinese airline with hubs located at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) and Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK). Founded in 1988, It has been a member of the Skyteam global alliance since 2007. The airline operates more than 2,000 flights to 208 destinations in 35 countries daily.
Frequent Flyer Program
Sky Pearl Club is the kilometer based reward program for China Southern Airlines. They have a points transfer partner with SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) which has recently merged with Marriott Rewards and as of August 2018 will become one unified program. The program offers a basic membership and two elite tiers that correspond to Skyteam Elite and Elite Plus:
- 40,000 points or 25 segments
- 15% bonus points on flights
- On China Eastern flights: Guaranteed reservation 72 hours in advance
- Priority reservation waitlist, airport standby and baggage handling; check-in at the business class counter
- Excess baggage allowance of 20 kg for domestic and 10 kg for international; business class lounge access
- On SkyTeam member flights: 10 kg excess baggage allowance; preferred seating and priority baggage handling, airport standby, check-in and boarding on international flights; 15% bonus points on flights.
- 80,000 points or 40 segments
- 30% bonus points on flights
- On China Eastern flights: Guaranteed reservation 48 hours in advance
- Check-in at the first class counter
- Excess baggage allowance of 40 kg on domestic flights and 20 kg on international; first class lounge access
- On SkyTeam member flights: Guaranteed reservation on international flights; 20 kg excess baggage allowance; lounge access for member and one companion; 30% bonus points on flights.
China Airlines offers codesharing with 26 airlines both inside and outside the Skyteam Alliance. Look for the (CZ) code designation. When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
- The logo of the airline consists of a red kapok flower (which is also the city flower of Guangzhou) on a blue tail fin
- On January 28, 2005 a China Southern Boeing 777 touched down at in Taipei, making it the first flight between China and Taiwan since the end of the civil war in 1949
- China Southern was the first major Chinese mainland airline to join an alliance.
A380 First Class Features:
- Exclusive “Platinum” Private Suites offering the finest in customer service amenities
- Each suite is 1.52 meters high with 82″ seat pitch
- Motor-driven seat is fully adjustable to any preset position
- A full flat bed-33″ wide and 80″ long
- 23″ digital widescreen TV
- Six unique mood lighting choices
- Private storage cabinet with password lock
- Boeing 787s feature luxurious SkyBed service with cocoon style suites.
A380 Business Class Features:
- The new generation of “intelligent seating” in a 1-2-1 configuration, designed to ensure that all seats have aisle access. Seats can be laid down into a fully flat bed. Annular placement of seat with upper deck privacy creates an independent “private room”
- Each seat length is 75″ or 85″ with width of 24″
- The adjustable privacy divider between the very centre adjacent two seats allows you to control the degree of privacy and openness you prefer
- Built-in amenities such as literature pocket, reading light, laptop stowage, USB port and power outlet
- 15″ digital widescreen TV
A330 Premium Economy Class Features:
- Seat pitch is enlarged to 35″-37″ with 40% more space and legroom
- Warm blankets and soft pillows are provided on long-haul flights
- Personalized cabin service
- Delicious in-flight meals.
A380 Economy Class Features:
- Comfortable seating, 9″ personal TV and non-stop in-flight entertainment create an extraordinary onboard travel experience.
- Multi-adjustable headrest (up/down/left/right)
- The seat pad and back can be adjusted together in order