We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you book a trip or register interest on our website though our contact forms. To allow us to facilitate your travel and bookings arrangement information we collect would typically include:
- Contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Passport details
- Payment information (credit/debit card information including card number, expiry date and security number)
- Frequent flyer or loyalty scheme details
- Health information and dietary requirements
- Travel preferences (preferred destinations, carriers, and accommodations)
How do we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in compliance with relevant data protection laws. Personal information generally will be collected directly from you during your relationship with us through:
- when you deal with us by telephone and email
- when you visit our website
- when you connect with us on social media
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you make enquiries about travel or other products and services
- when you purchase travel or other products and services
- when you subscribe to marketing material (i.e., newsletters)
Where bookings are made on behalf of another individual, you agree that you have obtained the consent of that individual for us to collect, use and disclose their personal information in accordance with this policy. If you become aware of your personal information being shared with us without your consent, you must immediately inform us.
We will only process your information under the following circumstances:
- Consent – you have given your consent to such processing (You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contractual obligation – the processing is necessary to provide our services to you.
- Legal obligation – the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- Legitimate interest – we have a weighted and balanced legitimate interest, where processing is needed and not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your bookings and provide you with the travel services you have requested. This includes verifying your identity, processing payments, and communicating with you about your trip.
- To provide customer service and support. We will use your personal data to respond to your inquiries and to resolve any issues that may arise during your trip.
- To personalize your travel experience. We may use your personal data to recommend destinations, accommodations, and activities that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To send you promotional emails and other marketing materials. We may use your personal data to send you information about our products and services, as well as special offers and discounts.
- To conduct market research and analyse customer data. We may use your personal data to understand our customers better and to improve our products and services.
- To comply with legal requirements. We may use your personal data to comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements, such as anti-money laundering and other illegal activities.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information with our partners, such as airlines and hotels, to process your bookings and provide you with the services you have requested. We may also share your information with service providers, such as payment processors and travel insurance providers, to facilitate your transactions.
We may also disclose your information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to protect the rights and safety of our company, our customers, or the public.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration, or destruction. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and as required by law. We will delete your personal information when it is no longer needed for these purposes.
You have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information, as well as the right to object to our processing of your data. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable format. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Changes to this Policy
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable laws.
Full name of legal entity: Your Travel Ltd
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Data Privacy Officer, Your Travel Ltd, 1A London Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8HS
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk