NEW Four Seasons One Dalton Street, Boston
- Sinead Mitchard
Can we help?Telephone call or email?
We can get in touch when and how it suits you best
*You won’t be added to a mailing list, or a call list.
EVA Air is a Taiwanese airline with hubs at Taipei Taoyuan (TPE) and Sonshan (TSA) Airports. It was founded in 1989 and joined the Star Alliance in 2013. EVA has achieved a 5-star airline rating by Skytrax.
EVA is known for their cute partnership with Sanrio and their beautiful Hello Kitty special livery jets. Themed amenities and products are available onboard these aircrafts including pillows, playing cards, and dinnerware.
• The name “EVA” is meant to be pronounced as three separate letters E-V-A, and was named after it’s parent company, the Evergreen Marine Corporation. The name Evergreen Airlines was a first choice, but was already in use by a US-based airline, so EVA was used.
• EVA was the first airline to introduce the Premium Economy class in 1992.
Infinity MileageLands is the distance based is the frequent flyer program of EVA Air. Miles are valid for two years for elite tiers and permanently for Green (entry) tier.
There are four membership tiers:
30,000 miles and 6 qualifying international EVA flights or 26 total international EVA flights in a 12 month period
• Priority waitlist on fully booked flights
• Extra baggage allowance on EVA Air flights
• Access to EVA Air VIP lounge on international flights for member, companion and children under 12
• Priority reservations and standby on Star Alliance flights
50,000 miles or 50 total international EVA flights in a 12 month period
• Access to EVA Air VIP Lounge on Star Alliance flights for member, companion and children under 12
• Star Alliance lounge access for member and companion
• Priority check-in, baggage handling and boarding
• Extra baggage allowance on Star Alliance flights
• 50% bonus miles on flights during birth month
120,000 miles or 100 total international EVA flights in a 12 month period
• Guaranteed booking
• Exclusive check-in counters
• Exclusive check-in lounge at Taipei Airport
• 100% bonus miles on flights during birth month
EVA Air has codeshare and frequent flier agreements with 16 select airlines both inside and outside the Star Alliance. Look for the designator code (BR).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
EVA currently has four distinct cabin classes. Features include:
38 180° lie-flat bed seats in a reverse herringbone configuration pitched at 2,000 and 650 mm (79 and 26 in) wide
Laptop power and multi-port connectors (USB/iPod) are available at each seat
The Royal Laurel class seating arrangement is in a 1–2–1 abreast arrangement
Seats are pitched at 1,549 mm (61.0 in) in Premium Laurel in a pod-style layout, and can convert to an angled lie-flat bed
Premium Laurel class seating is in a 2–2–2 abreast arrangement on the Boeing 777, Boeing 747 (2–2 in the forward nose section), and A330
Dedicated cabin on the Boeing 777 and 747-400
Wider seating and legroom (in a 2-4-2 layout), and a seat similar to short-haul business class with an extendable leg rest, 970 to 1,020 mm (38 to 40 in) pitch, adjustable winged headrests, and laptop power
Service levels in Elite Class are similar to Economy Class, but food and amenities are improved, along with the seating
Elite passengers further receive an amenity kit on most flights
Economy Class is available on all EVA Air aircraft, featuring 840 mm (33 in) pitch, touchscreen personal entertainment screens, sliding seat cushions, and adjustable winged headrests
Each seat equipped with a personal handset satellite telephone which can be used with a credit card
Economy seating is in 3–3–3 arrangement on the Boeing 777, 3–4–3 on the Boeing 747(main deck) and new Boeing 777, 3-2 on the MD90, 3–3 on the A321 & Boeing 747 (upper deck), and 2–4–2 on all A330s
In Economy Class of A321 and MD 90, there is no personal entertainment, with only overhead screens