5 Reasons to Visit a VIP Airport Lounge
- Jenny Stanfield
Would you like a...Telephone call or email?
*You won’t be added to a mailing list, or a call list.
Founded in 1947, Garuda Indonesia is the flag carrier of Indonesia with four main hubs in Indonesia at Soekarno–Hatta (CGK), Ngurah Rai (DPS), Sultan Hasanuddin (UPG), and Kualanamu (KNO) International Airports. It is a member of the Skyteam global alliance.
The airline was recently upgraded to a 5-star airline rating from Skytrax, and awarded “World Best Cabin Crew” for the fifth consecutive year in 2018.
Garuda Indonesia services over 25 million passengers across 90 destinations worldwide each year.
• The airline is named after the holy bird Garuda of Hinduism from the national emblem of Indonesia.
• Garuda’s fleet is one of the youngest in the industry, with an average aircraft age of only four years.
GarudaMiles is a miles based rewards program with a base level (Blue) and three elite levels:
10,000 miles or 10 eligible flights
• Preferred check-in counter in some domestic airports
• Ability to redeem miles for lounge access
• 5kg of excess luggage
• Priority reservation waitlist and seating
30,000 miles or 30 eligible flights
• Executive class check-in counter
• Free domestic lounge access for member
• Free lounge access for one guest on international flights
• 15 kg of excess luggage
• Priority boarding, baggage handling and standby
• 25% bonus miles on flights
50,000 miles or 50 eligible flights
• Free domestic, international and business class lounge access for member and one guest
• 20 kg of excess luggage
• Mileage gift on membership anniversary
Garuda Indonesia offers codesharing with 27 airlines both inside and outside the SkyTeam Alliance. Look for the designator code (GA).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
Limousine service to and from Indonesian hub airports
First Class Lounge access
An ergonomic seat, with 82-inch pitch and 22-inch width that can be converted into a luxurious full-flat bed (180°)
Adjustable dividers for middle suites that opens easily for conversation
Personal in-flight entertainment with 23.5-inch touch screen LCD, equipped with noise-cancelling headphones
Personal wardrobe, storage, and reading light
Premium meal service including wine, premium tea and coffee
26 staggered seats, each with direct aisle access
43" pitch & 21.2" width seat that reclines into flat bed and ottoman
Personal storage, USB & power outlet
15" touchscreen LCD with innovative eX2 Panasonic inflight entertainment system
Hypoallergenic pillow in cotton cover, comforting furtex-plush duvet
TravelPlus Award 2013 winner L'occitane amenity kit (for Unisex Business Class Asia Oceania)
World's favourite menus served by the energetic cabin crew
Spacious and comfortable legroom
Reclining seat and footrest
USB & power outlet on every seat
Indonesian, Western or Asian menu
Wide selection of hot and cold drinks