Founded in 1945, TAP Air Portugal is the national flag carrier for Portugal and member of the Star Alliance. They are headquartered and based at Lisbon airport (LIS) where they operate an average of 2,500 flights a week to 87 destinations in 34 countries worldwide.
Frequent Flyer Program
Victoria is TAP’s miles based rewards program. It offers both high-season and off-peak redemption, but with only two elite tiers and less value that other reward programs, it’s best to use your miles on TAP Portugal’s own domestic flights. There are three membership tiers:
- 30,000 miles or 25 qualifying flights
- 25% bonus miles on flights
- Access to TAP lounges
- Priority waiting list, check-in, baggage service, boarding and seat assignment
- Extra luggage allowance
- Seat guarantee
- Access to dedicated TAP counters, airport Fast Track, seat protection in case of any irregularity
- Free in-flight newspapers and magazines
- Access to last-minute upgrades.
- 70,000 miles or 50 flights in a calendar year
- 50% bonus miles
- Access to Star Alliance lounges for member and one companion
- Gold status for partner
- Companion award ticket at a 60% discount
- Free parking
- Priority check-in on Star Alliance flights
- Premium customer service center access
- Exemption from some service fees
- Emergency assistance for last-minute flights.
TAP has codeshare agreements with 35 select airlines both inside and outside the Star Alliance. Look for the designator code (TP).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
In the December 2017 edition of the magazine Monocle’s Travel Top 50, Portugal’s TAP airline won the accolade of “most handsome crew.”
Executive Class (Business Class):
- Priority boarding
- Lounge Access
- Pre-ordered premium meal, extensive wine list, tea and espresso
- Personal touchscreen with inflight entertainment including movies, TV, CDs and radio
- On A330 aircrafts, the Recaro Lie-flat seats are real beds with hypoallergenic pillows twice the size of the previous ones The pillows are covered in a fabric specially developed for TAP that is softer to the touch
- New amenity kits, recyclable, collectible and decorated with works of art by renowned Portuguese, Brazilian and African artists, with amenity items made from 100% natural materials
- Power outlet, noise cancelling headphones.
- Comfortable seating in dedicated cabin
- Personal touchscreen with inflight entertainment
- Power outlet and USB port.