The Ritz-Carlton, Portland
- Sinead Mitchard
Founded in 1933, Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier of Turkey with a main base at Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) and two additional hubs at Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (SAW) and nkara Esenboğa International Airport (ESB). They are a member of the Star Alliance.
Turkish Airlines is the largest carrier by number of destinations and server more destinations non-stop from a single airport than any other airline in Europe. They fly to over 120 countries and service 302 destinations worldwide.
• The airline was founded in connection with the Ministry of Defense. With one of Turkey’s first aviators, Fesa Evrensev, as its chief executive, the organization’s originated with 24 people and hae two 5-seater King Bird aircrafts, two 4-seater Junker F-13s and one 10-seater ATH-9. They have grown to be the world’s largest airline by destinations served.
• 2017 saw a slew of repeat awards from Skytrax: 5x consecutive winner of “Best Business Class Onboard Catering”, 4x consecutive winner of “Best Business Class Lounge Dining”, winner of “World's Best Business Class Airline Lounge”, and 9x consecutive winner of “Best Airline in Southern Europe”.
Miles&Smiles is the miles based program for Turkish Airlines, which allows you to collect points towards airline and Star Alliance rewards.
There are two classic tiers and two elite tiers:
25,000 miles in a 12 month period
• Free entry to Turkish Airlines Lounges on domestic routes and all the services provided
• 10 kg additional baggage allowance on domestic and international flights
• 150% mileage accrual in business and 125% accrual in comfort
• Priority reservations and waiting list
• Rent vehicles from our program partner companies at discounted rates
40,000 miles in a 12 month period
• Ability to purchase status miles
• Check-in at business class counter for domestic and international flights
• Private lounge access for domestic and international flights
• 20 kg of excess baggage
• Business class companion ticket at 50% off
• 200% mileage accrual in business and 150% in comfort
• Dedicated customer service phone line
• Access to special immigration desk at Atatürk Airport
80,000 miles in a 12 month period
• Two free upgrades a year
• 25 kg excess baggage
• Elite status for friend or family member
• Guaranteed reservation
• Special security entrance for international flights at Atatürk Airport
Turkish Airlines has codeshare agreements with 47 airlines both inside and outside the Star Alliance. Look for the designator code (TK).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
Priority check in, security, and extra baggage allowance
Fully lie-flat seats that open into a 188 cm bed with seat control panel, personal reading lamp, and massage feature, slippers, and amenity kit
Personal HD monitor with touchscreen remote and inflight entertainment
Turkish Do&Co award winning catering service with porcelain tableware and drink selection
Comfortable seating that reclines to 18.5cm with adjustable head and foot supports
Premium Turkish meal service
Travel amenity kit
Personal touchscreen with inflight entertainment