Cathay Pacific First Class Cabin
- Jenny Stanfield
Would you like a...Telephone call or email?
*You won’t be added to a mailing list, or a call list.
United Airlines is a major United States airlines headquartered in Chicago with eight major hubs across the US: Chicago-O’Hare (ORD), Denver (DEN), Guam (GUM), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), and Washington-Dulles (IAD). They are a founding member of the Star Alliance. United is the world's third-largest airline when measured by revenue, after two other US-owned airlines: American and Delta. They ‘fly the friendly skies’ with 148 million passengers in 357 destinations across 48 countries every year.Enquire
• United pioneered the hiring of female flight attendants in 1930, creating a new profession for women. All of the first were registered nurses. Early duties included knocking down fences so planes forced down by foul weather could take off again
• United created commercial aviation’s first flight kitchen in 1936. First meals served? A choice of fried chicken or scrambled eggs
• United’s publication Mainliner was the world’s first inflight magazine published for a single airline.
MileagePlus is the miles and cash-based rewards program offered by United. It is celebrates as one of the easiest to use and most flexible awards program in the world.
There are four premier membership tiers:
25,000 qualifying miles or 30 segments and $3,000
• Complimentary economy plus upgrade at check-in
• Complimentary upgrades and companion upgrades
• Priority boarding, check-in, security screening and baggage handling
• 25% bonus miles
• Star Alliance silver status
50,000 qualifying miles or 60 segments and $6,000
• Complimentary economy plus upgrade at booking
• 50% bonus miles
• International lounge access
• No same-day change fees
• Three complimentary checked bags
• Star Alliance Gold status
75,000 qualifying miles or 90 segments and $9,000
• 75% bonus miles
• Reimbursed Global Entry fee
• No award ticket fees; no phone service fees
100,000 qualifying miles or 120 segments and $12,000
• 100% bonus miles
• Dedicated service line
United has codeshare agreements with 33 select airlines both inside and outside the Star Alliance. Look for the designator code (UA).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
In additional to standard classes, United offers a new Polaris cabin on select flights that features Saks Fifth Avenue bedding, restaurant quality dining, curated Polaris amenities, a special airport lounge and much more.
• Premier Access premium travel services at the airport, with priority check in counters, security and boarding • Two checked bags free • Extra spacious seat with two-tone leather, six way adjustable headrest and padded articulating seat cushion • Storage space for personal items • Mobile device holder, power USB port • United Private Screening entertainment system and DIRECTV • The Trotter Project premium meals, wine, beer, spirits and illy coffee.
• Choice to upgrade to Economy Plus with 5” extra to stretch out • Choice to downgrade to Basic Economy for a lower price and some restrictions on seating, carry-on, baggage, and other aspects of travel.