Why use a Business Travel Agent?
- John Stephenson
Can we help?Telephone call or email?
We can get in touch when and how it suits you best
*You won’t be added to a mailing list, or a call list.
United Airlines is a major United States airlines headquartered in Chicago with eight major hubs across the US: Chicago-O’Hare (ORD), Denver (DEN), Guam (GUM), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), and Washington-Dulles (IAD). They are a founding member of the Star Alliance. United is the world's third-largest airline when measured by revenue, after two other US-owned airlines: American and Delta. They ‘fly the friendly skies’ with 148 million passengers in 357 destinations across 48 countries every year.Enquire
• United pioneered the hiring of female flight attendants in 1930, creating a new profession for women. All of the first were registered nurses. Early duties included knocking down fences so planes forced down by foul weather could take off again.
• United created commercial aviation’s first flight kitchen in 1936. First meals served? A choice of fried chicken or scrambled eggs.
• United’s publication Mainliner was the world’s first inflight magazine published for a single airline.
MileagePlus is the miles and cash-based rewards program offered by United. It is celebrates as one of the easiest to use and most flexible awards program in the world.
There are four premier membership tiers:
25,000 qualifying miles or 30 segments and $3,000
• Complimentary economy plus upgrade at check-in
• Complimentary upgrades and companion upgrades
• Priority boarding, check-in, security screening and baggage handling
• 25% bonus miles
• Star Alliance silver status
50,000 qualifying miles or 60 segments and $6,000
• Complimentary economy plus upgrade at booking
• 50% bonus miles
• International lounge access
• No same-day change fees
• Three complimentary checked bags
• Star Alliance Gold status
75,000 qualifying miles or 90 segments and $9,000
• 75% bonus miles
• Reimbursed Global Entry fee
• No award ticket fees; no phone service fees
100,000 qualifying miles or 120 segments and $12,000
• 100% bonus miles
• Dedicated service line
United has codeshare agreements with 33 select airlines both inside and outside the Star Alliance. Look for the designator code (UA).
When booking with a codesharing partner, you will experience differences in baggage fees, optional services, other charges, and policies from partner airlines on your trip.
In additional to standard classes, United offers a new Polaris cabin on select flights that features Saks Fifth Avenue bedding, restaurant quality dining, curated Polaris amenities, a special airport lounge and much more.
Premier Access premium travel services at the airport, with priority check in counters, security and boarding
Two checked bags free
Extra spacious seat with two-tone leather, six way adjustable headrest and padded articulating seat cushion
Storage space for personal items
Mobile device holder, power USB port
United Private Screening entertainment system and DIRECTV
The Trotter Project premium meals, wine, beer, spirits and illy coffee
Choice to upgrade to Economy Plus with 5” extra to stretch out
Choice to downgrade to Basic Economy for a lower price and some restrictions on seating, carry-on, baggage, and other aspects of travel