close enquiry

Speak to an expert

Or call us on 0203 8054599
Close Flight

Request a Call Back

Or call us on 0203 8054599

Can we help?

Telephone call or email?

We can get in touch when and how it suits you best

or

*You won’t be added to a mailing list, or a call list.

Heathrow Airport

Heathrow Strives to Become Carbon Neutral by mid-2030’s

Customer protection guarantee

Heathrow confirms it will seek to become one of the first major airports to have a carbon neutral infrastructure. The London airport hopes to have reached it’s target of zero carbon emissions by the mid 2030’s. This news follows the recent investment of over £100 million to improve energy efficiency and generate renewable energy.

At this present moment, Heathrow has reduced carbon emissions from it’s airport buildings and infrastructure by 93% since 1990. Heating is one of the elements that makes up the remaining 7% of airport infrastructure emissions. However, this remaining 7% will be offset through tree planting projects in Indonesia and Mexico. The offsetting projects are certified through the Verified Carbon Standard.

Heathrow are also placing focus on gaining momentum on existing targets for 2020. These include sustainable transport links and meeting targets to transition all Heathrow vans and cars to electric and plug-in hybrid.

Understandably, the above-mentioned figures do not include the greater impact from the aircraft which use the airport each day. To battle the wider problem, London Heathrow will need airlines to also make greater commitments to lower carbon emissions. The plans at Heathrow follow the recent statement from the UK aviation industry to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.

“Our sights are now set on working with the global aviation industry to deliver on net-zero by 2050, at the latest. We can and will cut the environmental cost of flying while keeping the benefits of travel for future generations.”

John Holland-Kaye, Heathrow chief executive.

Would you like to know more about making more responsible business travel choices?

Get in touch with one of our friendly business travel experts today to discuss in more detail.

Additionally, don’t forget to check out what makes us an award-winning business travel agency HERE.

London Heathrow Airport
Back to blogs

Related Blogs

Expert insights into the world of executive travel
US and UK
UK – USA Business Travel

UK – USA Business Travel

  • UK – USA Business Travel Richard Moss
  • UK – USA Business Travel 03.01.17
Lenny Henry
Everything’s Premium, but the price!

Everything’s Premium, but the price!

  • Everything’s Premium, but the price! Richard Moss
  • Everything’s Premium, but the price! 18.01.17
travel management company | Time management
Travel Management Company: Take back your time

Travel Management Company: Take back your time

  • Travel Management Company: Take back your time Richard Moss
  • Travel Management Company: Take back your time 17.02.17
Back to blogs

What Our Clients Say

Saving our customers time and money

Richard is very responsive. For more than two years he has been arranging my flights within Europe.

At this stage, I must mention that the work I am tasking him with is very difficult. Often I notify Richard briefly before I need a flight or a re-arrangement. My schedule is a mix of long term and short term arrangements, which sometimes are cancelled or postponed. Richard manages to get me on feasible flights and I always count on him. He is very reliable and I see him as a problem solver.

Even when the pressure is on, Richard remains an accountable and reliable solution provider. He always goes by the books and doesn’t take short-cuts. I like working with Richard, who hasn’t dropped the ball, no matter which problem I tasked him with.

He got me on time to Bilbao last week, although EW was messing around with my extra payment for the luggage, until the gate was closed.

Another time he got me back to Düsseldorf from Stockholm, after a couple of rearrangements due to a short term cancelling of a scheduled appointment.

Richard seems to use the whole runaway of tools and processes in order to get the job done. I am a happy client.

Want to keep up to date with business travel news?

Sign up to our newsletter for the latest offers and live prices

Submit